Feeling Stuck in Your Career? 5 Steps To Get You On Track
Tweet to @EDesignGrp
Feeling a little stuck on your career path? In a hallway is what I sometimes call it...You haven't yet opened the door to a new opportunity and you are wondering "What am I doing?"
What that means is be patient. Embrace the wait and do what it takes to get to the next level. We always think things will happen faster than they do. Often, we compare ourselves to someone else's path and begin to wonder if we are doing it all wrong. Have faith in the timing and meanwhile, do a little bit of research.
If you love design and want to design as a career....What are you doing to make that happen?
Perhaps you aren't sure. Then exploring it is a very good idea to get information to help you decide if it's for you.
Here are 5 actions you can do to get you started in the right direction:
1) Do projects and document them with photographs. Style the space and take photos
2) Post them on social media
3) Be open to helping friends and family with projects. Document and post them
4) Learn the steps of a project - the business portion and practice it on your friends and family - even if you are not charging them. Get your protocol set up,,,This is SO important and can make a huge difference between Hobby and Business.
5) Work for a stager, designer, a design store with a studio, showroom and see how you like it. You won't be getting to do all of the designing - almost none at first, but you will see the process.
I mentor because I have and still experience success. I help others experience the same. If this was helpful for you, I invite you to view and download the New Career Action Plan. It's a way for you to look outside of your regular routine - without committing to anything - and see if you think it's time to start.
Follow us on social media. Tw, IG, FB
Elizabeth Ribons, ASID, CID - Creative entrepreneur, designer, mentor.